WP Edit Pro includes an automatic plugin update process. This process ties into the WordPress plugin update procedure, and alerts the admin when an update is available.
The update can be installed by visiting the WordPress Plugins page; scrolling down to WP Edit Pro; and clicking “Update now” next to the plugin name.
It is always a good idea to view the changelog before updating a plugin. The changelog should contain vital information pertaining to the plugin update.
A good developer will list all changes, regardless of how inconsequential. This helps the user “prepare” for the update, both mentally and physically.
The WP Edit Pro Changelog can be found by clicking the “View version details” link next to the “Update now” link. Or, simply visit our WP Edit Pro Changelog webpage.
To manually update WP Edit Pro, please follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Download
Step 2: Activate
From here, there are two methods used for updating the plugin. Either is acceptable:
This method requires cPanel or an FTP program.
1. Extract the downloaded plugin to your computer.
2. Use either your hosts cPanel or an FTP program to connect to your sites file directories.
3. Navigate to the ‘wp-content/plugins’ directory.
4. Find the ‘wp_edit_pro’ directory.. and delete it.
5. Copy the extracted folder from step 1 (wp_edit_pro) to the ‘wp-content/plugins’ directory on the server.
This method does not require cPanel or an FTP program.
1. Deactivate and delete WP Edit Pro from within the admin panel. DO NOT use the settings within the plugin page. Deactivate and delete from the WP admin plugins page, just like any other plugin.
2. Click the option to Delete the plugin files.
3. From the admin panel, click “plugins” -> “add new”.
4. On the next screen, click the “upload” link.
5. Click “Choose”.. and choose the .zip file you downloaded, and then click “Install Now”.
6. Click “Activate plugin”.
Step 3: Confirm
Now, go back to the WP admin panel, and reload the plugins page.
Scroll down to “WP Edit Pro” and verify the version number to confirm a successful update.